Are you a great writer? Are you someone who can bring creativity and ideation along with clarity and organization? Do you think you’d enjoy writing impactful content along with other talented creative types in a flexible, dynamic work environment? Ample is a boutique, digital consultancy that excels at content strategy and execution. We are based in Cincinnati Ohio, and seeking a full time copywriter to complement our team.
This position is open to remote candidates. The position requires working closely with creative directors, designers, and strategists in the conception and development of the messaging of campaigns across a broad range of media types. Must be eligible for work in the US, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time to any candidate.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Primary responsibilities of this role include
- You’re a writer. Whether crafting an email to a client, a headline for a website or an article for a blog — you craft sentences people want to read.
- You’re an editor. You can review your own work as well as the work of others to help ensure the highest quality of work is shipped out to the world.
- You’re Creative. Not every project kicks off with all the answers. Luckily, you can take direction, interpret feedback and bridge gaps through research and creative thinking.
- You’re self motivated. Although you will have support, the ability to manage your workload and get the job done with excellence rests in your hands.
- You’re team oriented. Whether partnering with a client, teaming up with a designer or getting advice from a project manager the ability to work together is a key element to success.
You need these skills
- This isn’t your first rodeo - You can handle sometimes complex assignments with poise. An understanding of marketing, journalism or news writing is a plus.
- Deadlines are your friend - Prioritization is huge. You’ll need the focus to manage your time and to-do list effectively. You have to be someone we can count on to deliver on time, every time.
- Your t’s are always crossed - Obsessive attention to detail and over-the-top editorial skills will help you to be successful in this role. We are not interested in double checking every line of every project schedule, or your emails for that matter.
- Multi-tasking is your thing - You have the ability to juggle multiple clients and projects with ease. You can wear multiple hats without much hand-holding
- You’re in the SEO know - You need not be an SEO expert but you should have a comprehensive understanding of what success looks like.
- You see feedback as a gift - When the words you crafted don’t hit the mark, you can dust yourself off and give it another shot. No big deal. No problem.
- Deep dive research - We don’t always have the answers and sometimes you need to go find them.
One or more of these things would be exceptional
- Shareable examples of your work that showcase your experience and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, journalism or communications
- 1+ years of experience producing copy for a digital property
- Proven experience creating solid copy that stands out from the crowd
- Strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM practices
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS)