If you are an affable and talented entry to mid-level Quality Assurance (QA) tester with excellent attention to detail who enjoys a flexible, fast-paced work environment then Ample is the right fit for you. Help us bring digital strategy to life in the form of websites, native applications and other related technologies in a flexible and expressive work environment.
Ample is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position is open to remote candidates within the United States. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience. The team operates on East Coast hours. Must be eligible for work in the United States.
Looking for proven experience in the following competencies:
- 2+ years of quality assurance testing in software development
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Manual, exploratory, automated, end to end, visual regression testing
- Visual regression tools (such as BrowserStack, Chromatic, Percy)
- End to End tools (such as Cypress, Selenium)
- Basic principles of TDD and continuous integration
- Continuous integration tools (such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
The ideal candidate will:
- Obsessive attention to detail—we are not interested in double checking that every feature is bug free, or your emails for that matter.
- An ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment—we are an agile team, and thus require someone who can roll with changes and hit the gas when it’s time to move, someone who can balance multiple QA project needs across multiple clients.
- Effective and proven time management skills—you have to be someone we can count on to deliver on time, every time.
- Top-notch communication skills—the kind you use to engage team members, interact with clients and... you know... be a great co-worker.
- Cultivate a culture of quality—we want to be in the know of the industry’s best practices, you’ll stay up-to-date with the latest testing tools and test strategies.
- Client focused—you’ll design quality assurance processes to satisfy client needs and timelines of course.
- QA Leadership—as the sole QA tester at Ample, you’ll need to steer the QA ship by estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating all testing activities.
One or more of these things would be exceptional:
- 1+ years of working with a digital agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information systems, software engineering
- Familiarity with load, penetration, and/or performance testing
- Proven experience planning, creating, executing, monitoring automation testing
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and waterfall processes
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Manual testing (user acceptance testing and regression testing) of Ample’s digital products across multiple browsers and devices
- Collaborating with multiple internal teams to understand the product testing needs via agile refinement sessions
- Assessing, communicating and documenting testing requirements that meet Ample’s overall quality standards
- Understanding and executing on the client’s quality needs
- Identifying, recording, thoroughly documenting and tracking bugs
- Ensuring products are launched with all bugs fixed and/or accepted
- Informing and leading Ample through the industry’s best QA practices
Who we are:
Ample is a digital agency based in Cincinnati, OH. Ample unites UX, design, development, and strategy to simplify the complex and compel people to action. We are a place for smart, interesting, and passionate people to call home. It’s also the first call for anyone seeking great digital work. When you have a problem you can't solve, a message you can't deliver, a site that doesn't convert—you call the A team. Ample brings a crew who obsessively delivers on time and with excellence, just as their Midwest work ethic demands. This is a place that believes in hiring smart people who take pride in their work and then affording them the freedom to act in our client’s best interest. It’s a team of creative thinkers who aren’t afraid of letting their freak flag fly.